Position: Assistant Diocesan Youth Officer
The Diocese of The Bahamas and The Turks & Caicos Islands is seeking to fill the position of Assistant Diocesan Youth Officer in The Diocesan Youth Department. The Youth Department is responsible for overseeing, planning and implementing various youth programs, events and projects in the Diocese. The Department is also responsible for recruiting and training leaders to fill and lead various projects and programs as it relates to children, youth and young adult ministry.
Qualifications (not limited to the below listed)
- A vital relationship with Jesus Christ.
- A sense of call and a passion for working with children and youth.
- Spiritual gifts including but not limited to leadership, administration, and teaching.
- Familiarity with online communication and an ability to make significant virtual connections with youth.
- Good organizational and computer/technology skills (able to work with Microsoft Publisher).
- An understanding of child and adolescent development and skill level.
- Ability to recruit, train, organize and motivate volunteers for youth ministry.
- Associate’s Degree with three (3) or more years in Youth Ministry.
- A Certificate in Youth Work or background in a relevant field of study with two (2) or more
years in Youth Ministry.
- High School Diploma with experience of five (5) or more years in youth ministry.
- Must be able to work weekends and evenings
- Able to travel
- Applicant must be over twenty-five (25) years of age.
Resumes are to be submitted to The Diocesan Youth Department via email @ email@example.com on or before Tuesday 21st February 2023