The Director of Education serves as the professional advisor to the Anglican Central Education Authority (ACEA) and the School Boards of the Anglican Diocese; and as the Administrator and Officer with liaison responsibility between the ACEA, The Bahamas’ Ministry of Education & Technical & Vocational Training (MOETVT) and the Anglican Schools.
The Anglican Diocese of The Bahamas and The Turks & Caicos Islands has educated students since its earliest years after being established in 1861. The Diocese’s four PreK-12 ACEA schools are St. John’s College and St. Anne’s School on the island of New Providence; Bishop Michael Eldon School on Grand Bahama; and St. Andrew’s Anglican School on Great Exuma.
- Providing visionary and aspirational educational leadership;
- Clearly and consistently communicating the ACEA’s educational vision to teachers, students, parents, and the community, and leading others in achieving that vision;
- Supervising schools and the work of principals, teachers, and other staff members;
- Budgeting & Finances;
- Managing all matters affecting the tenure of staff in the system regarding contracts, promotions, assessments, salaries, increments, gratuity, and the Ministry of Education matters;
- Acting as a liaison between the ACEA and the MOETVT, professional staff, and the public.
- Committed to Christian religious beliefs and Anglican ethos
- Master’s degree in educational administration or related educational field;
- Possess knowledge of educational topics and issues, including, but not limited to, core curriculum, current trends in national and international education, new models for evaluation of students and programs;
- A minimum of three years of teaching experience at the elementary or secondary level;
- A minimum of five years of experience as an educational administrator involving the supervision of people, administration of budgets, and making of policy decisions in an educational setting.
To apply, submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by 30th September 2023. The Anglican Diocese thanks all applicants however, only those short-listed for the job will be contacted.