St. Anne’s School

St. Anne’s School, located on the eastern end of New Providence Island, began in 1955 as a parochial school. Canon David John Pugh founded the school when he was the Priest-incharge of St. Anne’s Parish Church, Fox Hill. Recognizing the need for schooling in the Fox Hill vicinity, Fr. Pugh utilized the Old Parish Hall and converted it into three classrooms, and he made use of the rectory’s garage. Thus began the Parish School of St. Anne with twenty-six students and four teachers under the principalship of Canon David J. Pugh. Due to the lack of classrooms and the increasing number of students, some classes had to be taught in the churchyard, under the sapodilla and almond trees, and in the church’s graveyard. Over the years, St. Anne’s has developed into a flourishing and renowned educational institution.

Academically, St. Anne’s School has held its own and has made an invaluable contribution to the Bahamas. The school has built up an enviable reputation in the community for its academic excellence.

School Crest: The Crest St. Anne’s Church (Fox Hill) and the Sapodilla tree where classes were once held.
School Motto: Dei Gratia: By the Grace of God
School Hymn: “Now Thank We All Our God”


St. Anne’s School
P.O. Box SS-6256
Nassau, The Bahamas
P 242-324-1203
F 242-324-0805